BJaMs | Quick | Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, June 30, 2009

    BJaMs Marathon Days of Summer

    Two blog posts in one day!? Crazy, right? But, I needed to post about the new marathons I just joined in on, and some other various things. I'll start with the marathons!

    | Dreamathon |
    What it is| The Sega Dreamcast is turning 10 years old on 9/9/09, so what better way to celebrate this system than playing the hell out of it? Followers of the Dreamathon (such as myself) will be paying tribute to this great system that was ahead of its time by playing Dreamcast games until it's birthday.
    When it is| The Dreamathon (since I am joining a few days late) begins today, and goes through 9/9/09 when the system turns 10 years old.
    Who is it| The Dreamathon was started by ResidentEmo of the Backloggery site. So far, ResidentEmo, Endaso and myself are part of the Dreamathon. If you're interested in being part of it, contact ResidentEmo at the link above. As long as you plan on playing one game in that time frame, you can join.

    My Rules|
    • I must have at least 1 (can be more) DC game in my Now Playing list from now until 9/9/09
    • I must play a DC game at least once a week until then
    • For this marathon to be considered a success, I must have at least ONE DC game in this time frame

    I know these are very loose rules, but I figured I would start out slow for my first marathon. For my first game, I have decided to use the Backloggery Cookie to help me decide where to start. And the results are:

    NHL 2K is what the fortune cookie has decided on. So, will be winning the Stanley Cup. And I guess I'll make :C: it as winning the Stanley Cup 3 times, and :M: will be winning the Cup once with every team.

    The other "marathon" I have joined is the Dragon Quest/Warrior Marathon from Tijuana. I only own one game in this marathon right now, but I will keep the game in my Now Playing list (Dragon Warrior- NES) until I it.

    On the "adding to the collection" front, yesterday I purchased RLH: Run Like Hell and Extermination for the PS2 for very cheap off of eBay. Both are supposed to be very decent survival horror games, which is a personal favorite. Also, I added a load of games to my Dreamcast collection (mostly due to the Dreamathon), so check out my Backloggery page to see those.

    Alright, I think that covers everything I needed to talk about for right now! If you have any questions, comments, concerns, whatever- just email me at bjamsworld@gmail.com .

    Thanks for reading.

    No comments: