BJaMs | Quick | Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, January 10, 2010

    2010 Predictions- Top 5 Sports Games

    I was going through my normal online stops today, and I saw a great idea posted by one of their writers where he predicted which sports titles would be his favorite in the coming year. So, without hesitation, I jumped into the conversation. You can find the original post here, at OS.

    So I have decided to post my predictions for what will be my Top 5 sports games of 2010 right here, that way I could get some of your comments and predictions. We'll go in reverse order, just for fun, and the system listed is the system I will most likely purchase the game on, not necessarily all the systems it is being released for. And, my hype rating is just how excited I am for the game to be released, out of 5 stars:


    5. MLB 10: The Show (PS3)
    The only reason this game isn't higher on my list is due to the fact that I don't follow baseball as closely as football and hockey, but that doesn't change the fact that MLB 11 will be a wonderful game. Looking at what is already confirmed for the game makes it a must-own for me, even though I'm not a baseball nut. Hell, they could have just repackaged MLB 09: The Show with a roster update, and the game would be great...ok, that's an exaggeration. But, the point is that MLB 09: The Show was such a great game that the developers don't have TOO much to change. With the emphasis coming to the online league updates, this title will be another great reason to own a Playstation 3.
    My Hype Rating- 4 Stars


    4. Madden NFL 11 (360)
    Madden 10 was/is fantastic. The online franchise has made this games replayability skyrocket for me. But, what is missing is CONTRACTS! If Madden 11 adds in the ability to deal with contracts in your online franchises, it will be even better. There can be some AI tweaks to make the game even more realistic, and improvements done with the animations (see Backbreaker for great tackling animations). Madden 11 has the chance to skyrocket to number 1 of my list if it does the little things correctly.
    My Hype Rating- 4 Stars


    3. NHL 11 (PS3)
    In my opinion, NHL 10 was absolute rubbish. Sure, it looked sexy, but the AI issues were too much for me to overcome, and has made the game unplayable. It is the most overrated sports title I have ever come across. With that in mind, I think the team at EA will make the AI changes needed, and improve upon the already beautiful interface and graphics and this will be great again, like NHL 09 was. Where this series needs a major overhaul is in the player models. With the success that NHL 2K10 had in making excellent player models (even 4th line players look like there human counterparts- but there is still some mistakes across the board), I believe that NHL 11 will take notice to that and improve in this coming outing.
    My Hype Rating- 3 Stars


    2. NHL 2K11 (360)
    NHL 2K10 is, without a doubt, with the correct sliders, the greatest game of simulation hockey ever created. It is truly the epitome of "diamond in the rough". With that said, the chances that the series are over are about 50/50 in my mind. But, if 2K11 gets made, it will be a big turnaround for the series. It will be a better game than 2K10 out of the box, and for that reason, it will garner much better publicity. Oh yeah, 2K might actually advertise the game this year!
    My Hype Rating- 5 Stars


    1.
    FIFA Soccer 11 (360/PS3)
    FIFA 10 has got me semi-obsessed with the sport, and has taken soccer gaming to a whole new level that I never thought would be possible by EA. FIFA 11 is sure to add to the amazing gameplay in FIFA 10, and hopefully make improvements where it is needed, such as the Manager Mode.
    My Hype Rating- 4 Stars


    That is my list What is yours? It doesn't have to be detailed at all, just a list is fine; I am just curious if there is any big sports titles that I am forgetting about.

    Thanks for reading.

    No comments: